Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why Hello Mr. Pouty Pants! Is My Sidekick Home?

FIRST / BACK / NEXT


This week we get the exciting conclusion to our duo's battle with El Diablo Hermoso. Rest assured we will see more of him in the future. I have to say I'm finding that Tuesdays tend to be my most productive days comic wise. Is it because it's a last minute thing? Not really. Well, kind of... I spent most of the week thinking about how I was going to conclude this story arc. I have most of the stories planned out well in advance, about 4 weeks worth of comics at a time so I don't run out of stories, but figuring out how to execute this comic was a little tricky this time. This comic only ended up taking a few hours to make though! That's sketch, inks, paints, and text started at noon and finished before 6PM. It usually takes longer so that's pretty neat.

I took a screenwriting class before I graduated from college and for our final project we had to write an Act I of a full length film. It was pretty fun. I wrote an animated detective film that was kind of like a reverse Scooby Doo, where instead of four kids and their pet solving mysteries it's four pets and a kid. And it's supposed to be the kind of comedy you would see on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block of programming. It was a fun project but we only wrote Act I. So it's unfinished. I'm thinking about finishing it but I'm also thinking about just animating the first scene of it, make a little pilot, and treat it like a T.V. show. 

I think that's my next project or at least I want it to be. I'd have to do all the voices myself, which is fine I guess. I always think i'm good at doing different voices but then when I go to record them they all just sound like me... Weak! But we'll see. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment