Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Enter Fireman...

FIRST / BACK / NEXT



So does anybody watch South Park? It's a show on Comedy Central. Anyway, whether you like that kind of humor or not one must respect the process that the makers of that show go through while making an episode of that show. If you haven't seen 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park I highly recommend it, especially if you are an animator like I am. 

Basically without spoiling too much (because you should watch the documentary) these guys can make one episode of the show in six days while most shows take weeks or months. Not only that, but by the time they are finished they have to immediately send it to Comedy Central with minutes to spare before they are due to air on television.  Most of the time they don't even have the story finalized until the very last day. Meanwhile, the animators work long hours with little sleep in order to have the finished product. It is pretty incredible. But I am sure it is stressful. It is the very definition of last minute panic. I can't help but be inspired by it though. 

Anyway I mention South Park because I had my own little last minute panic of my own making this strip. Actually I had it mostly finished, except one of the panels took longer to make. But it doesn't matter because here it is! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment